Your support, service and donations are welcomed! Whether you donate fabric, or cut it to help make the quilt kits or spend time sewing the quilts, your time is appreciated!
You can pick up quilt kits or drop off your finished creations by contacting either Diane White or Kathy Priestman. Contact information for both can be found on the membership list.
- 100% cotton fabric
- Any amount of fabric is always appreciated; but the larger lengths (58” or more of 44” wide fabric) are desirable as they can be used for backings.
- Leftover fabric from your recently completed quilt is also welcomed. However if the piece of fabric is too small for you to use in your scrap quilt, most likely we won't be able to use it in our quilt kits.
- If you hear of someone who wants to donate their fabric stash (downsizing, no longer interested in quilting, or whatever the reason), please contact the Quilting from the Heart convenor.
- Large pieces of a metre or more
- If you are donating fabric scraps, please make sure they are larger than 6”.
- Sewing quilt kits that have been prepared by the QFTH team.
- Donating your own finished quilts. 100% cotton fabric should be used.
- Donating large zip lock bags (for quilt kits), and returning the bags after you have sewn the kit.
- Cutting fabric to help prepare quilt kits.
- The best quilt size is approximately 45" x 54".
- If you are donating a finished quilt of a different size, we will not turn any away!