In planning ahead for Program, RVQG would like to be prepared in the event that a speaker might have to cancel at the last minute. Our idea is to have some guild members who are prepared to do a 5 – 10 minute presentation or talk on a topic of interest. It can be a short PowerPoint presentation, photos, or a live talk.
Ideas for your short talk could include:
- A short PowerPoint presentation to show some of your own quilts
- A demo about using a ruler, putting a facing on a quilt, ….
- A mini “bio” about one of your favourite quilters
- An overview of a favourite quilting book
- Talking about a new favourite pattern
- Talking about your favourite rulers or tools
- Showing some free motion quilting ideas
- Talking about longarm quilting
… or any other relevant topic you wish to share