Bee Night is a fun, relaxed, FREE evening where you will learn a new quilting/sewing technique by working on a small project each month.
Once you have signed up for a Bee Night, we will send you an email containing the supplies list and any pre-class work that is necessary.
On the day of the Bee Night, we will send you a link to the ZOOM meeting, which will start at 6:45pm. and end at 9pm. The actual lesson will begin at 7 pm.
Please have your sewing machine and supplies
ready for the meeting.
You can see the list of projects planned for each month below. If you register but are unable to attend, we ask that you let us know in advance, so that we know who to expect at the event and can start on time.
Quilter’s of all skill levels are welcome!!! This is a great way to meet your fellow members and make new friends. Come be a part of the fun! We look forward to seeing you at our next Bee Night!
How to sign up for Bee Night:
1. Send an email to: Elaine Maenpaa email@example.com
In the SUBJECT line, write: BEE NIGHT SIGN UP REQUEST
2. Include: Your first and last name, your phone number, and be sure to specify the Bee Night project(s) and date(s) you are signing up for. You may sign up for one each month, or as many as you wish, in one email. ( see the newsletter for all the Bee Night projects, dates, and photos.)
3. Deadline : You must sign up no later than 2 weeks prior to each Bee Night you wish to attend. (this allows sufficient time to receive notifications, buy supplies if needed, print out instructions and complete any pre class homework )
4. Two weeks prior to each Bee Night, participants will be emailed the pre class homework, materials list, and project instructions.
5. A day or two ahead of Bee Night, Liz Felder will email the Zoom invitation. (please check your email).
6. Please share your completed Bee Night creations by sending a photo of your project(s) to Joanne Nightingale : firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be featured in our newsletter.
Please check out the newsletter or the RVQG website for all the Bee Night dates, projects, and photos.
Please sign up by Oct. 6 for the Oct.19 Bee Night. Elaine will be teaching how to make a Sewing Thread Catcher. This project uses crushed walnut shells for the pin cushion stuffing and weighting. It can be found in some pet stores and is available in 10 lb bags for $20 plus tax. Elaine purchased a bag and subdivided it into smaller 2 cup bags and will make them available for purchase/pick up, from her front porch. The cost is $2 per bag which makes approximately 2 pin cushions. Elaine has 12 bags available on a first come basis. Call ahead to reserve yours and she will put your name on your bag(s). You can phone her to arrange when to pick it up from her house.
Liz Felder and Elaine Maenpaa
Bee Night Co-ordinators 2020-2021
Bee Nights for 2020-21